Twelve mixed-income Coop units at 700 Monroe
The House of Peace Coop was RPDC's first affordable housing development. After renovations were done to
the building in 1997 our property managment partner Reba Properties has done alot to keep the building up and running but now sitting at 104 years old some of the core features need
to be replaced and updated.
The proposal is to replace and renewal of several core areas of the building.
- Replace core plumbing stacks both supply and waste lines.
- Gutt and replace all walls in kitchens and bathrooms replacing the slat and plaster walls with
- Provide new kitchens including cabinets and appliances
- Gutt and replace all bathroom wall and fixtures
- Install new windows in all bathrooms where non exist today
- Create an indoor bikeroom space for member bike storage
- Remove existing courtyard slab & replace with large walk path and more green
- Install a new roof
- Installation of solar panels to reduce common area electric cost
- Installation of watersense and energy star fixtures where possible.
Our hope is to have the work done over a 6 month period once all funding is linned